Thursday, September 6, 2012

Seaside Driftwood Christmas Tree


I just love nautical and natural decor in my home.  Recently, while we were visiting beautiful Chesapeake Beach, MD, I was reminded of a craft I'd discovered on Pinterest by The Space Between:  


Credit

Isn't that just adorable?  While walking along the beach, I saw piles and piles of "just the right size" pieces of driftwood just sitting there for FREE!  How could I resist?




Using a glue gun, I glued each piece of driftwood in ascending order in a criss-cross pattern.  Then, I glued on a "trunk" and stabilized the tree in a mason jar filled with shells and sea glass.  Next, using raffia, I secured the driftwood and hid the runny glue.  Finally, I decorated each tree branch with shells we found on the same beach.  




If you live near the water, you can craft one of these anytime.  If not, next time you're on vacation, pick up a few pieces of driftwood and shells and bring them home - a Driftwood Christmas Tree would make a wonderful memento of your summertime vacation!






Total Fake-It Cost:  FREE!


Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, The Frugal GirlsFunky Junk Interiors and these other Great Parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...