Sunday, September 16, 2012

Spooky Spider's Nest Lit Topiary


It's that time of year again...It's Halloween Crafting Time and just lookie at what I made this year!


It's a Spider's Nest Lit Topiary!  

Here's how I made it:


First, I scored this great urn at the Habitat for Humanity Restore for only $5.00.


I had a dowel leftover from my Fake Wrought Iron Curtain Rod project, but it was slightly too small for the urn, so I stuffed a plastic bag inside with is using a scissor.  That made the rod nice and sturdy.


I added a 10-inch Styrofoam ball on top of the rod...


...and filled the urn base with plastic shopping bags.


I wrapped the foam ball with some black scrap fabric, then a string of 50 purple lights.


Next, I wrapped the whole thing with some spider webs, using the lights as a great place to "catch" the webs as I wrapped.


A bunch of spiders completes the look!


Don't forget the Mama Spider!


I added some grey moss to the base and glued a few glow-in-the-dark spiders for contrast.


Lit up, it really looks creepy, crawly & spooky!


This makes a great addition to my Halloween Entryway Display to dazzle those Trick-Or-Treaters this year!

The Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:

Spider's Nest Topiary (Urn $5.00, Dowel $0.00, Styrofoam Ball $8.00, Webs & Spiders $2.00, Grey Moss $1.00, Spider Ribbon $1.00, Lights $3.00)

Total Fake-It Cost:  $20.00*

*There's nothing to compare this to, but you know those Light-Up Halloween Decorations can be costly!

Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, The Frugal GirlsFunky Junk Interiors and these other Great Parties! 

*Check out this Inspired Reader's Version!  

1 comment:

  1. I follow both of your blogs~~~ VERY inspirational~~~ Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...