Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fake Pre-Lit Christmas Topiaries


These pre-lit topiaries were all the rage a few years back and I really wanted a pair to put by my front door:

3' Pre-Lit Indoor/Outdoor Freemont Christmas Potted Topiary Tree with
Credit
I was always shocked by the price of them, though, so I have gone without....until I came across this downright ingenious post by Lucy Designs.  First, take a look at her topiaries:

Credit - Lucy Designs
Pretty nifty, huh?  Now what if I told you that she made them using old Tomato Cages??? 

Yup!  Just turn that cage upside-down and it's an instant form for a topiary!  I just happened to have a few cages in my garage and some very old pine garland that, truthfully, I was getting ready to throw away because it was looking so ragged.  Wrapped around the wire cage, though, it gets a new life!
With a few lights and decorations, I now have a Winter Wonderland of Topiary Trees for my front porch!


I don't have any fancy planters to put them in at this time (have to wait till yard sale season this spring), but I did scrounge up some other platforms that suited them for now.

Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:

Fake Pre-Lit Topiary (Tomato cages, $0, Garland $0, Lights $4.00), Made 3 Topiaries

Total Fake-It Cost:  $4.00

Compare to this Pre-Lit Topiary:  $76.00 Each (ouch!)

Total Fake-It Yourself Savings:  $224.00


Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, The Frugal GirlsFunky Junk Interiors and these other Great Parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...