Thursday, September 6, 2012

Halloween Apothecary Jars


I'm so excited because it's my favorite time of year - Autumn!  For our family, Fall marks the beginning of the Holiday Season starting with Halloween!!!  I have to confess that Halloween is my favorite holiday - even more so than Christmas!  I usually start decorating super early (like end of August) because I love it so much (who cares if the neighbors think/know i'm crazy) and I want to enjoy it!

For my first Halloween craft this year, I headed to the Dollar Tree and found these terrific vases, candlesticks & glue.


After a little paint, patience & glitter, they looked like this:


I love them so much that I made them the centerpiece of my Halloween Shelf Display and it got me singing one of my favorite Halloween songs I learned in grade school:


"Oh, the bats and cats and witches keep the skeletons in stitches..."


"...as they sip their spider cider in the haunted house;"


"They're there, they're there, they're really there (really there)..."


"Watch out, be careful and beware (oh beware); for the cobwebs hang and window shutters bang when the moon shines on the Haunted House!"


Do you remember that song, too, or am I the only nutcase on the block?  :)

Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:
I haven't found a suitable comparison to give you a good Fake-It Breakdown, but I was definitely inspired by Department 56 and Glitterville as those are my most favorite Halloween artists.  If you see something similar, give me a shout!

Total Cost:  $7.00 (glue, vases & candlesticks)

Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog and these other Great Parties!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...